Learn English At Home Work on the four skills.- LSRW and CC ENJOY IT pp4mnkt3am
martes, 13 de mayo de 2014
Idioms / Phrasal Verbs
Phrasal Verbs -
Using Phrasal Verbs in Everyday Situations 1
REMEMBER: Several responses might be acceptable - choose the best one:
1. She ___________ the blue dress instead of the red one.
a) put on b) placed on c) put off
2. He’s not at work today. (= he’s ___________ today)
a) up b) on c) off/out
3. The prisoners were ___________ by the police.
a) taken away b) taken off c) taken on
4. I was ___________ (= surprised) by his reaction.
a) taken away b) put on c) taken aback
5. You’re ___________! (= you’re trying to distract me)
a) putting me off b) putting me on c) putting me out
6. Tom was tired of digging, so his friend ___________.
a) helped him in b) helped him over c) helped him out
7. He ___________ his Mother. (= he’s similar to his Mother)
a) takes after b) takes about c) takes after
8. He ___________ at 7:00 this morning.
a) woke about b) woke up c) woke in
9. To string someone ___________ means to keep someone in a state of deception or false hope.
a) along b) around c) away
10. I don’t really know this town. Could you ___________ a bit? (= show me where everything is)
a) show me inside b) show me around c) show me down
Enviar por correo electrónico
Escribe un blog
Compartir con Twitter
Compartir con Facebook
Compartir en Pinterest
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario
Entrada más reciente
Enviar comentarios (Atom)